Overnight Product Support Specialist (Patient Care)
Warwick - Remote working with visits to site
8pm – 8am Saturday & Sunday + 1 day per week during the week (31.5 hours a week)
The Product Support Specialist will be responsible for providing outstanding phone and email support to our customers outside of normal business hours. The Product Support Specialist will respond to customers inquiries/enquiries about product performance, quality, reliability, and technical issues. This role works directly with our customer where you will leverage your strong interpersonal skills and technical knowledge.
The Product Support Specialist will also be responsible for support of clinics and home patients, which may include fulfilment of orders, organising logistics as well as coordinating: home installations, machine maintenance and hot swaps as well as handling general queries from patients and clinic staff.
This is a full time position, that includes 12-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday, 8:00pm to 8:00am, plus 1 day per week (Monday-Friday, in normal business hours). The Overnight Product Support Specialist works remotely, reporting to the Care Center Manager.
Key support functions on a day to day basis include but are not limited to:
- Assume primary responsibility to promptly address inquiries from internal colleagues (Quanta staff) and external customers (clinicians and patients) outside of normal business hours.
- Deliver Tier-2 technical support and provide immediate, accurate, and caring response to all patients and clinical customers.
- Respond to customer communications via phone, email and text messages.
- Develop and maintain superior knowledge of Quanta products.
- Apply communication skills to efficiently identify issues and solutions.
- Efficiently apply troubleshooting processes to resolve product issues.
- Follow up with customers to ensure reported issues are resolved.
- Initiate product replacement when problems remain unresolved.
- Document customer interactions and troubleshooting activities in a CRM using a case management module.
- Provide as needed on-call coverage on a rotating schedule, for after hours, holidays, weekends, outside of normal business hours, and for scheduled team/company meetings or events.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Prior experience in technical support or a similar role.
- Medical device experience or healthcare experience including direct customer interaction.
- Patient-facing health care and medical industry experience
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to focus on more than one task at one time
- An understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and teams
- Agility with changes in processes and systems
- Ideally be flexible with working hours
- Meet health, safety, and other regulatory requirements
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner to home patients and hospital staff
- Resourceful and able to work independently
- Experience working to the requirements of a Quality Management System compliant with relevant international standards (e.g., ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR820) preferred
- Strong time-management skills
- Decision making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Required to work during some public holidays, as per rota requirements